Have you ever heard of Moringa , by scientific name is also called “Oleifera” which is a plant called a drumstick tree or miracle tree, or ben oil tree, The plant is grown in the habitat of India also found in Asia, Africa and South America.
The plant harvest leaves during the dry season, especially in drought season and is the last source of green vegetables when no food is available. The plant just cannot tolerate water logging.
Moringa powder contains compounds useful for health background:
- Vitamin A
- Vitamin B1 (thiamine)
- B2 (Riboflavin)
- B3 (niacin), B-6
- Vitamin C
Benefits of Moringa
1. Antibacterial and Anti-fungal properties: Moringa extract is anti-bacterial,anti-fungal and anti-microbial properties which help in infections caused by Salmonella, Rhizopus, and E. coli.
2. Anti-inflammatory properties: The anti-inflammatory properties help to reduce inflammation in the body and are successful in treating arthritis
3. Skin & hair protection and nourishment: The Moringa oil keeps the skin clean, and also contains essential protein which aids skin cells from damage. Moringa is super hydrating and detoxifying which boosts the skin and the hair, also prevents skin infection and soreness as wel
4. Bone health: It contains phosphorus and calcium needed for the bones and thereby ensuring bone health .
5. Prevention of Kidney disorders: It is a rich source of anti-oxidants and which maintain the level of toxicity and is said to consume moringa daily to keep away from stones in the Kidney, bladder or uterus.
6. Aid stomach diseases: Moringa is an antibiotic and also possesses anti-bacterial properties which slow down the growth of pathogens and aid digestion thereby treating stomach diseases like constipation, and gastritis , Also Vitamin B helps in digestion
7. Protect cardiovascular disease: Moringa intact the heart health with the rich anti-oxidants, thereby preventing cardiovascular diseases.
8. Control blood pressure: Moringa has isothiocyanate and niaziminin, compounds that prohibit the arteries from thickening and hence control the blood pressure.
9. Treatment of anemia and sickle cell disease: Moringa helps in iron absorption in the body thereby increasing red blood count.
10. Liver Protection: Moringa accelerates the repairing process of anti-tubercular drugs thereby protecting the liver
11. Diabetes treatment: Moringa plant helps reduce glucose in the blood and checks the sugar and protein levels in urine.
How to use Moringa
Now, when you are well aware of the benefits of Moringa !you may want to bring it into your daily routine
So here’s how you can take it
Firstly, You can mix it in hot or cold water with a pinch of lemon and honey . It is always best to take it through warm water but cold will also do.
Secondly, You can mix it with morning tea to make it a more dimensional flavor.
Thirdly, Can mix it with smoothies, of whatever flavor you like ;probably pineapple ,mint or lime will be a great choice.
Fourthly, Mix it with Khichdi(Dal+Chawal) or Dal or sabji or soup after the whole preparation is complete.
Fifthly, Can add it to your bakery item ,which you may want to eat green as it turns the edible into green
Sixthly, Sprinkle on the eggs ,salads or anywhere you are comfortable
Since, now you know many facts about Moringa and the benefits derived from the superfood. The right amount and proportion of Moringa help the body in various ways with small precautions on the side effects if any .This is a really beneficial compound and can be clubbed with Ashwagandha powder for added benefits.